privacy and terms conditions
For over 25 years, EDM has been working with databases from renowned partners and customers. Working with and exchanging data and personal information obviously requires monitoring and compliance with all current legal rules and codes of conduct regarding privacy and security.
Privacy and security have been important to EDM for years. EDM works strictly in accordance with the Dutch and European legislation on the protection of personal data. The processing of personal data has been reported to the Dutch Data Protection Authority under number 1285521. EDM holds the ‘Gold’ DDMA privacy guarantee.
EDM only makes data available to customers who are active in the EU and must comply with the local (Dutch) and European legislation. This ensures that personal data is protected by the Local (Dutch) and European rules and regulations.
The rights of consumers are guaranteed in the organization of EDM. EDM will always honor requests for the removal of personal data or access to the origin of data. EDM’s Privacy Officer always answers such questions as quickly as possible.
EDM’s Privacy Officer can be contacted by e-mail at: email@example.com
In the context of Privacy and Security, EDM does not send or receive any data by e-mail. EDM always uses a secure online transfer environment.
EDM employees can create an account for you immediately, after which a username and password are provided to you via various channels. Thank you for your co-operation in maintaining the privacy of you and our data.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Click here to download our general terms and conditions.
As part of The Data Agency, EDM is ISO 27001-certified by Brand Compliance and operates an up-to-date information security policy in accordance with the ISO 27001 security standard.
The Data Agency’s security measures include:
- Access control and authorisation of employees. All employees must make a code of conduct declaration and are obliged to maintain confidentiality
- Own secure server centre in the Netherlands
- Use of processor agreements
- In-house Privacy Officer for questions from consumers and structural consultation with and advice from the in-house Data Protection Officer
- Use of a secure environment for secure exchange of files
Specific terms and conditions EDM online advertisement services
Processing Data for Google
Methods of processing
EDM takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to EDM, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Application (Operations and Support department, IT system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by EDM. The updated list of these parties may be requested from EDM at any time.
Legal basis of processing
EDM may process Personal Data relating to Users of Clients if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes.;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which EDM is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in EDM;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by EDM or by a third party.
In any case, EDM will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed at EDM's secure datacenter and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User's location, data transfers may involve transferring the User's Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
If broader protection standards are applicable, Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by EDM to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with EDM using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between EDM and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of Client’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by Client within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting EDM.
EDM may be allowed to retain User’s Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given Client consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, EDM may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right of access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The purposes of processing
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow EDM and Google to provide their Service to Client, comply with its legal obligations, respond to enforcement requests, protect its rights and interests (or those of its Users or third parties), detect any malicious or fraudulent activity, as well as the following: Analytics.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
The services contained in this section enable EDM and Google to draft and present aggregated reports on attribution of Google Advertising to offline conversions by Client.